Questions to Help You Choose the Right CareerFriday, 13 September 2013
On Lets Get Working today I will be discussing how choosing the right career can make a difference in your life. By going through the following questions they can help you choose the right career.
1. What are you interested in?
2. What difference do you want to make to this world?
3. Do you have any special skill or knowledge? Be it a language, a computing skill, or a communication skill?
4. Are you comfortable with sitting still for a long period of time?
5. Do you want to work inside or outside?
6. What motivates you and what bores you?
7. Are you willing to travel?
8. Why do you want to pursuit this as your career?
9. Is it possible to have a quick test of whether you truly want to take this career by doing voluntary work or a part-time job?
10. Are there any opportunities for advancement?
11. Will you need further education for this work and are you willing to do that?
12. Are you willing to work extra hours to do the very best at this job?
13. Which one is more important to you, a dream-fulfilling career or a job that satisfies your material needs?
14. What do you expect to learn from the job?
15. Can you imagine doing this job or any job related to this career field 10 years later?
You may be surprised with what you uncover when answering the above questions thoughtfully and thoroughly.
Until next time,
Enjoy the journey!